Felicia Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Felicia:
Derived from the vocabulary word felicity (good fortune, happiness) which has its root in the Latin felicitas (happiness).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Felicia? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Felicia
Contribute your knowledge to the name Felicia
- Comments and insights on the name Felicia: | Edit
It is the feminine version of the name Felix.
Often pronounced as fe-LISS-iah or fe-LEES-iah.
- Personal experiences with the name Felicia: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nicknames for Felicia: | Edit
Fe, Fe-Fe, Feefer, Feli, Felily, Licia, Lica, Cia
- Meanings and history of the name Felicia: | Edit
- Famous real-life people named Felicia: | Edit
Felicia Day, producer/writer/actress: "The Guild"
- Felicia in song, story & screen: | Edit
Felicia, a catgirl from the game "Darkstalkers"
Felicia Jollygoodfellow, the stage name of Guy Pearce's character from "The Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the Desert"
Felicia Hardy, the alias of the Marvel superheroine Black Cat
Felicia, character from the 1995 film "Friday"from which term "Bye Felicia" originated