Flor Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Fleur:
Derived from the Old French fleur (flower). Its use as a name in England began in the Middle Ages. It is rarely used as a given name in Franch, which prefers the names of saints and martyrs.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Flor? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Flor
Contribute your knowledge to the name Flor
- Comments and insights on the name Flor: | Edit
Flor and Rolf are anagrams of each other; they contain the same letters.
- Personal experiences with the name Flor: | Edit
My name is Flor and I really like it I always tell people how it means flower in Spanish and I also enjoy how short it is.
- Nicknames for Flor: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Meanings and history of the name Flor: | Edit
- Famous real-life people named Flor: | Edit
Flor Silvestre, Mexican singer and actress. Her name literally is "wildflower"
- Flor in song, story & screen: | Edit
Flor Moreno from Adam Sandler's Spanglish