Florencia Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Florence:
Medieval English form of the Latin Florentia, which is derived from florens (blooming, flourishing, prosperous). The name was made popular by Florence Nightingale (1820 - 1910), a nurse in the Crimean War who is regarded as the founder of modern nursing.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Florencia? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Florencia
Contribute your knowledge to the name Florencia
- Comments and insights on the name Florencia: | Edit
I knew a Florence and called her 'Florencia' every now and then as a nickname, but I didn't realise that it was a real name until I found it on BNW!
- Personal experiences with the name Florencia: | Edit
She’s dank A++
- Nicknames for Florencia: | Edit
Flopy, Flo, Flora, Florry, Flossie, Cici, Cia, Lori, Ren,
- Meanings and history of the name Florencia: | Edit
Spanish form of Florence.
- Famous real-life people named Florencia: | Edit
Several singers: Florencia Otero, Florencia Canale, Florencia Aragon
Florencia Pena, actress.
Florencia Bertotti, singer and actress.
- Florencia in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!