Galina Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Galina? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Galina
Contribute your knowledge to the name Galina
- Comments and insights on the name Galina: | Edit
It is that name of a main-belt asteroid discovered in 1984.
- Personal experiences with the name Galina: | Edit
There is a Galina Lighthouse in St. Mary, Jamaica.
- Nicknames for Galina: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Galina: | Edit
Galina in Greek means "calm", "healer"; in Russian and Slavic means "light" or "sun ray"
- Famous real-life people named Galina: | Edit
Galina Ulanova, Russian prima ballerina
Galina Pavlovna Vishnevskaya, Russian soprano opera singer
Galina Nikolayeva, author (The Harvest)
Galina Peneva Ivanova (AKA Gloria), a Bulgarian pop-rock and folk singer
Galina Vasilyevna Starovoitova, Russian politician and human rights activist
- Galina in song, story & screen: | Edit
Galina, a vampire in the 4th book (Blood Promise) of Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy series
Galina Konstantin, the villainess from the 2002 Jean-Claude van Damme movie, Derailed