Gaynor Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Gaynor? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Gaynor
Contribute your knowledge to the name Gaynor
- Comments and insights on the name Gaynor: | Edit
This name seems to be more popular in the north west of England.
Gaynor was my grandmother's name, her parents were English/Irish/Welsh, so I assume the entry above is correct, in that it is probably an English name, or Welsh. I was never sure how this name was pronounced, because some people said Gay-na and some said Gay-nor, so I suppose either is possible! Really pretty name, with a lovely meaning - it's a shame kids with this name nowadays would probably get teased! :(
- Personal experiences with the name Gaynor: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nicknames for Gaynor: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Gaynor: | Edit
Medieval form of Guinevere.
- Famous real-life people named Gaynor: | Edit
Gaynor Faye, British actress
- Gaynor in song, story & screen: | Edit
Character in 1960's novel Gumdrop, Gumdrop, Let Down Your Hair