Georgiana Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Georgiana? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Georgiana
Contribute your knowledge to the name Georgiana
- Comments and insights on the name Georgiana: | Edit
Georgiana Cavandish, pronounced it "jor-jay-na".
I like the pronunciation "jor-JEENA"; probably a southern USA thing.
The most common pronunciation is jor-jee-AHN-uh.
- Personal experiences with the name Georgiana: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nicknames for Georgiana: | Edit
Georgia, Georgie, Giana, Gigi, G
- Meanings and history of the name Georgiana: | Edit
Georgiana is a feminine form of George, meaning "farmer" in Greek. It has a more formal, antique feel than its sister form, Georgia.
- Famous real-life people named Georgiana: | Edit
Georgiana Cavendish, Duchess of Devonshire - nee Georgiana Spencer
Georgiana Drew Barrymore, nee Georgiana Emma Drew, American actress
Georgiana Molloy, Australian botanist
Lady Georgiana Fullerton, nee Georgiana Charlotte Leveson-Gower, English novelist
- Georgiana in song, story & screen: | Edit
Sister of Mr. Darcy in Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice
Cousin of Jane Eyre in Charlotte Bronte's novel of the same name (Georgiana Reid)
Pip's mother (Charles Dickens' "Great Expectations")