Ghislaine Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Giselle:
A German name derived from gisil (to owe, a pledge, a mutual obligation). It was a practice in the early Middle Ages for rival factions to offer a person, often a child, to each other as a pledge of peace.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Ghislaine? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Ghislaine
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ghislaine
- Comments and insights on the name Ghislaine: | Edit
Pronounced "zhees-len" or "zhees-layn"
I have an aunt named Ghislaine and we pronounce it "gee-len" (which I'm assuming is the "American" pronunciation)
The Ghislaine I know is Basque and pronounces it "Giz-la-ee-na". She goes with Giz for short.
- Personal experiences with the name Ghislaine: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nicknames for Ghislaine: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Ghislaine: | Edit
A fairly common French name meaning "a pledge" or "an oath"
- Famous real-life people named Ghislaine: | Edit
Princess Ghislaine of Monaco
- Ghislaine in song, story & screen: | Edit
Ghislaine Blackbeack, member of the Thirteen from Sarah J. Maas's Throne of Glass Series