Gigi: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Gigi
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Gigi? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Gigi
- Comments and insights on the name Gigi: | Edit
Could be an a nickname for Georgia, Georgina, Regina, Imogen or pretty much any girl's name that starts with G or has a "jee" sound.
- Personal experiences with the name Gigi: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nicknames for Gigi: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Gigi: | Edit
French diminutive of Georgine or Virginia.
pronounced JEE-jee, zhee-ZHEE (French.)
- Famous real-life people named Gigi: | Edit
Gigi Edgley, Australian actress
- Gigi in song, story & screen: | Edit
There is a character named Gigi in the 2009 movie "He's Just Not That into You." And, there is the 1958 movie "Gigi."
"Gigi," a 1944 novel that was later made into films, was written by Sidonie-Gabrielle Colette, known simply as Colette. In the novel, Gigi's name was short for Gilberte.