Gina: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Gina
Origin of the name Gina:
Originally a short form of Georgine (earthworker), Gina is also used as an independent given name.
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Gina? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Gina
- Comments and insights on the name Gina: | Edit
Gina can be short for Virginia, Regina, or Genevieve. It is also the Italian version of "Jean."
- Personal experiences with the name Gina: | Edit
My name is Gina but people often want to put the Re in front and call me Regina.
- Nicknames for Gina: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Gina: | Edit
Also from the Italian "Regina," meaning "queen."
- Famous real-life people named Gina: | Edit
Gina Lollobrigida, Italian actress
Geena Davis, American actress
Gina Gershon, American actress
Gina Birch, British punk musician
Gina Schock, drummer for the '80s American band the Go-Gos
Gina Villalobos, American singer-songwriter, musician and producer
Gina Riley, Australian comedian
- Gina in song, story & screen: | Edit
"Gina", song by the Stray Cats
"Gina" is in Living On a Prayer by Bon Jovi
"Gina In the King's Road" by Al Stewart