Gisella: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Gisella
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Gisella? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Gisella
- Comments and insights on the name Gisella: | Edit
Pronounced HIS-AY-LAH or HIS-EL-LAH in Spanish.
Gisella in Italian. Gisela in German.
Giselle in French. There is a famous ballet named Giselle.
There was also a recent movie where the princess was
named Giselle, called "Enchanted."
- Personal experiences with the name Gisella: | Edit
The name is teutonic or ancient German for Elizabeth.
It means "hostage" or "pledge".
- Nicknames for Gisella: | Edit
Gigi, Zella, Gizzy
- Meanings and history of the name Gisella: | Edit
St. Gisella was the first queen of Hungary and was married to St. Stephen of Hungary.
She was a woman of charity and spent her end days in Passau, Germany.
- Famous real-life people named Gisella: | Edit
- Gisella in song, story & screen: | Edit
Gisella Bundchen is a famous model.