Glenys Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Glynis:
Modern coinage that originated in Wales and is probably derived from glân (pure, holy). There is some speculation, however, that it is an elaboration of Glenna (mountain valley).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Glenys? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Glenys
Contribute your knowledge to the name Glenys
- Comments and insights on the name Glenys
- Personal experiences with the name Glenys
- Nicknames for Glenys
- Meanings and history of the name Glenys
Modern (19th century onward) Welsh name formed from an elaboration of glân meaning pure/clean/holy. Several spellings exist.
- Famous real-life people named Glenys
- Glenys in song, story & screen