Hallie: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Hallie
Origin of the name Hallie:
Transferred use of the English surname meaning "dweller at the hall meadow." The name is derived from the Old English elements heall (hall, gathering place) and lēah (wood, meadow, clearing).
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Hallie? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Hallie
- Comments and insights on the name Hallie: | Edit
My name is Hallie and I have always liked it. I do get called Haley and/or Holly but to correct the mispronunciation I say "It's Hallie, like Sally" of course with Halle Berry's popularity people are more aware of my pronunciation. Great name, if I have a granddaughter someday I would love for it to be her name too!
- Personal experiences with the name Hallie: | Edit
This is my sister's name. We sometimes call her Hallison
- Nicknames for Hallie: | Edit
My last name starts with a "V" so my friends call me Vallie
- Meanings and history of the name Hallie: | Edit
Short form of "hallelujah."
- Famous real-life people named Hallie: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Hallie in song, story & screen: | Edit
Hallie Parker, one of the twins Lindsay Lohan played in The Parent Trap (1998).