Hana Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Hanna:
Derived from the Hebrew hannāh, chaanach (gracious, full of grace, mercy). The name, borne in the Bible by the mother of the prophet Samuel, received a boost in popularity by the Puritans, who favored Bible names.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Hana? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Hana
- Japanese Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Japan
- Bosnian Herzegovinian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Bosnia Herzegovinia 2014
- Bosnian Herzegovinian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Bosnia Herzegovinia
- New Zealand Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in New Zealand (Maori)
Contribute your knowledge to the name Hana
- Comments and insights on the name Hana: | Edit
I like the name Hana, I think it's a cute name and I love that it means flower.
- Personal experiences with the name Hana: | Edit
My neighbours name is Hana (Haa-naa) and she gets quite annoyed with people constantly calling her Hannah.
- Nicknames for Hana: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Hana: | Edit
Hana has separate origins in many cultures, including a form of Hannah, Arabic for "happiness," and Japanese for "flower," Korean for "One, First, Consistency," and Hawaiian for "work."
- Famous real-life people named Hana: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Hana in song, story & screen: | Edit
Hana Tate, character in the 'Delirium' trilogy