Harlow: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Harlow
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Harlow? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Harlow
- Comments and insights on the name Harlow: | Edit
-An old English translation is literally: "Mund of the people." The mund is a principle in Germanic tradition and law that can be crudely translated as "protection"
- The "Mund" was the leadership of a family. The name Harlow can mean the "mund of the people" or "defender of the family" or "protector of the ancestral line"
-Means 'mound of the people" or 'protector of the people'. Mound is from Old English mund (hand, hand of protection, protector, guardianship
- Personal experiences with the name Harlow: | Edit
My friend named her daughter (born in 2007) Harlow. People sometimes ask her if she got the name from Nicole Richie's daughter, which isn't the case since that Harlow was born in 2008. I admit I didn't like the name at first, but it's grown on me. I think Harlow has the potential to become a very popular name in the next few years.
My daughter's name is Harlo! People love it and say it is very unique! Her middle name is Skye and her nickname is Harley!!!
- Nicknames for Harlow: | Edit
Lola, Harly, Harley, Harli, Ari, Lo, Harls, Har, Hari, Hary, Lo-Lo, Arlo, Harla, Harl
- Meanings and history of the name Harlow: | Edit
English surname meaning "hare's hill" or "army hill."
- Famous real-life people named Harlow: | Edit
1930s film star Jean Harlow
Harlow Winter Kate Richie Madden (daughter of Nicole Richie and Joel Madden)
Harlow Olivia Calliope Jane (daughter of Patricia Arquette and Thomas Jane)
Harlow (daughter of Nancy McKeon)
Canadian supermodel Shalom Harlow
Noted psychologist Harry Harlow
- Harlow in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!