Haven: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Haven | Girls
Origin of the name Haven:
Modern coinage derived from haven (safe place, refuge).
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Haven? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Haven
- Comments and insights on the name Haven: | Edit
- Personal experiences with the name Haven: | Edit
My son's name; I was sad when I learned that the name is now being used for girls. Another great boys' name taken over!
We know a boy named Haven.
Keep it for the boys!
- Nicknames for Haven: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Meanings and history of the name Haven: | Edit
BOYS name of Old English origin "SAFEPORT OR SANCTUARY".
New baby name for girls!
Old baby name for boys!
- Famous real-life people named Haven: | Edit
Haven Moses: Denver Broncos wide receiver from 1972 to 1981
Haven J. Barlow, Sr.- Utah State Legislature
Dr. Haven J. Barlow,jr.
Haven Garner Warren, daughter of Jessica Alba and Cash Warren.
- Haven in song, story & screen: | Edit
The Haven of Rest, a hymn written by Henry L. Gilmour, pub.1890
Global Popularity of the Name Haven
- #398 in Canada (Alberta)
- #631 in United States