Hena Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Hannah:
Derived from the Hebrew hannāh, chaanach (gracious, full of grace, mercy). The name, borne in the Bible by the mother of the prophet Samuel, received a boost in popularity by the Puritans, who favored Bible names.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Hena? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Hena
Contribute your knowledge to the name Hena
- Comments and insights on the name Hena
Yiddish form of Hannah
- Personal experiences with the name Hena
- Nicknames for Hena
- Meanings and history of the name Hena
- Famous real-life people named Hena
- Hena in song, story & screen