Hermine: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Hermine
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Hermine? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Hermine
- Comments and insights on the name Hermine: | Edit
Hermine is the norwegian name for the Harry Potter character "Hermione Granger", and it's also an alternative version of this name.
- Personal experiences with the name Hermine: | Edit
My Americanized (originally German/Hungarian) version is pronounced Her-mee-nə. Ever since Harry Potter people have called me Hermione; there's also an Armenian version pronounced Her-mi-nay, and my French professor called me Er-meen.
- Nicknames for Hermine: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Hermine: | Edit
There are two possible origins of this name. It could either be a variant of the Greek name "Hermione" meaning "to travel". Or it can be a feminized version of the German name Hermann, which means "Soldier".
- Famous real-life people named Hermine: | Edit
Hermine Bernhoft Osa (1865–1929), childrens books author
Hermine Körner (1878–1960), German actress
- Hermine in song, story & screen: | Edit
Hermine Grang, norwegian name of Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter series