Ianthe Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Ianthe? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Ianthe
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ianthe
- Comments and insights on the name Ianthe: | Edit
"Unique", or "that's a beautiful name." are frequent responses to hearing the name Ianthe.
- Personal experiences with the name Ianthe: | Edit
No one has attempted to make fun of my name. They either just say "what?" or just have nothing to say. Most people really like how it sounds, although it will often be misread and pronounced wrong. And a lot of people want to know it's meaning and origin.
- Nicknames for Ianthe: | Edit
Anne, Ann, Annie, Thea, Ant
- Meanings and history of the name Ianthe: | Edit
Greek name meaning "violet flower".
- Famous real-life people named Ianthe: | Edit
Ianthe Elizabeth Brautigan (born 1960), daughter of Richard brautigan, an American poet.
- Ianthe in song, story & screen: | Edit
In Greek mythology, Ianthe was an ocean nymph and daughter of the god Oceanus.
Ianthe is a character composed as a maiden angel in an Edgar Allan Poe poem called "Al Aaraaf".
Ianthe is a priestess in the series Court of Thorns and Roses bY Sarah J. Maas