Ilana: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Ilana
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Ilana? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ilana
- Comments and insights on the name Ilana: | Edit
Ilan in hebrew is a male-gender term for tree... An Israeli friend of ours though explained that it is not literally 'tree' but more the 'idea' of a tree or a poetic concept. Which is so pretty...
Ilana is a beautiful name for a baby born on any day of the year but traditionally (by the Jewish culture) it is given to a girl born on February 19th, the anniversary of the trees.
- Personal experiences with the name Ilana: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nicknames for Ilana: | Edit
Lani, Lana, Annie, Ana
- Meanings and history of the name Ilana: | Edit
Feminine form of Ilan, a Hebrew name that means "tree."
- Famous real-life people named Ilana: | Edit
Ilana Levine, American actress.
Ilana Sod, MTV Latin America's Newscaster.
- Ilana in song, story & screen: | Edit
Ilana, character on the TV series "Lost."
Ilana Mather, character protrayed by Lena Olin in the film "The Reader."