Ilysia: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Ilysia | Girls
Origin of the name Alicia:
Variant of Alice, a name that has evolved through a series of variants of the Germanic Adalheidis, a compound name composed of the elements adal (noble, nobility) and heid (kind, sort): hence, "noble one." Adalheidis was contracted to Adalheid, which the French changed to Adelaide, then contracted to Adaliz, and contracted yet again to Aaliz, Alia, and Alix. The English then changed the spelling to Aeleis, Alys, and eventually to Alice.
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Ilysia? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ilysia
- Comments and insights on the name Ilysia: | Edit
I created this name for my middle daughter. I thought of the Elysian fields, paradise, her middle name is Altair, which is a star ten thousand times brighter then the sun. So she is my Paradise Star.
Do you know how to pronounce the name? Magazine Editor
- Personal experiences with the name Ilysia: | Edit
most people say it is beautiful
- Nicknames for Ilysia: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Meanings and history of the name Ilysia: | Edit
- Famous real-life people named Ilysia: | Edit
- Ilysia in song, story & screen: | Edit