Inara Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Inara? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Inara
Contribute your knowledge to the name Inara
- Comments and insights on the name Inara: | Edit
A lot of people will ask how its pronounced, where it comes from and where I got it. The look on their faces when I explain Inara Serra is priceless.
- Personal experiences with the name Inara: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nicknames for Inara: | Edit
In our home, we call our Inara: Nara or Nar-Nar
- Meanings and history of the name Inara: | Edit
Inara means Ray of Light; or Heaven Sent (Arabian Origin)
In Hittite - Hurrian mythology, Inara (إنارة) was the daughter of the Storm-god Teshub or Tarhunt and the goddess of the wild animals of the steppe ("potnia theron"; in Greek mythology Artemis).
- Famous real-life people named Inara: | Edit
Inara George - Lead singer for The Bird and The Bee
- Inara in song, story & screen: | Edit
Inara Serra was a character in the television series, Firefly (created by Joss Whedon).