Isabelle: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Isabelle
Origin of the name Isabelle:
A Spanish variant form of Elisabeth (God is my oath). Var: Isabell, Isabella. Short: Bell, Bella, Belle. Pet: Izzie.
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Isabelle? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Isabelle
- Comments and insights on the name Isabelle: | Edit
A beautiful name, not as common as Isabella, and is the prettiest way of spelling the name.
- Personal experiences with the name Isabelle: | Edit
I have a 6 year old named Isabelle. I loved the name from the minute I found it (it was unique, but not weird), unfortunately so did lots of other people right around the same time. It's been climbing the charts ever since. I still love the name and wouldn't name her any differently.
- Nicknames for Isabelle: | Edit
Izzy, Belle, Bella, Bells, Belly, Isa, Issy, Isabelly, Izza, Iz, Isabee, Izzles
- Meanings and history of the name Isabelle: | Edit
This is the French form of Isabel, a Spanish variant of Elizabeth, meaning "God is my oath".
- Famous real-life people named Isabelle: | Edit
Isabelle Fuhrman, American teen actress
Saint Isabelle of France
Princess Isabelle of Orléans (1878–1961), member of the French Orleanist royal family and by marriage Duchess of Guise
Princess Isabelle of Orléans (1900–1983), member of the House of Orléans and by marriage Countess of Harcourt
Princess Isabelle of Orléans-Braganza (1911–2003), historical author and consort of the Orleanist pretender, Henri, Count of Paris
Isabelle of Luxembourg (1247–1298), a daughter of Henry V of Luxembourg and his wife Margaret of Bar
- Isabelle in song, story & screen: | Edit
"Isabelle", song by Charles Aznavour.
ISABELLE was a particle accelerator project, partially built by the United States government before it was canceled in July, 1983.
"Isabelle", a Belgian comic book series
Isabelle of Cornwall, in Arthurian legend, the mother of Tristan.
Isabelle Lightwood-A character in Cassandra Clare's book series, the Mortal Instruments.
Isabelle is from Sarah Dessen's book, Keeping the Moon. She is also mentioned in a few other of her books, like Along For The Ride.
"Dear Isabelle" song by Lee Dewyze
Isabelle Tyler, a fictional character on the USA Network science fiction television series "The 4400"
Isabelle the Princess in the film Jack the Giant Slayer
Name Lists Featuring Isabelle
- Swedish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Sweden
- Australian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Australia (New South Wales)
- Australian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Australia (Victoria)
- New Zealand Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in New Zealand
- Irish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Ireland
- English Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in England
Global Popularity of the Name Isabelle
- #16 in Sweden
- #20 in England
- #24 in Australia (Victoria)
- #27 in Canada (Alberta)
- #29 in Australia (New South Wales)
- #33 in Canada (British Columbia)
- #50 in Ireland
- #93 in United States
- #155 in Norway
- #168 in Canada (Quebec)
- #269 in Scotland