Isadora: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Isadora
Origin of the name Isadora:
Feminine form of Isidoros (gift of Isis), a compound name composed of the name of the Egyptian goddess of fertility, Isis, and the Greek element dōron (gift).
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Isadora? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Isadora
- Comments and insights on the name Isadora: | Edit
Isadora is a variant of the name Isidora, which is the feminine form of Isidora, meaning "gift of Isis".
- Personal experiences with the name Isadora: | Edit
My best friend growing up was Isadora Lynn. We called her Dorry. Beautiful inside and out.
- Nicknames for Isadora: | Edit
Dora, Izzy, Isa, Sadie
- Meanings and history of the name Isadora: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Famous real-life people named Isadora: | Edit
Modern dance pioneer Isadora Duncan
- Isadora in song, story & screen: | Edit
Isadora Quagmire- one of the Quagmire triplets in A Series Of Unfortunate Events, a poet