Jacoba Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Jacqueline:
Borrowed from the French, Jacqueline is a feminine form of Jacques, which is a variant of James and Jacob. Both of these names are derived from the Hebrew ya`aqob (supplanting, seizing by the heel).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Jacoba? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Jacoba
Contribute your knowledge to the name Jacoba
- Comments and insights on the name Jacoba: | Edit
Pronounced ja-CO-bah (English) or ya-CO-bah (Dutch).
- Personal experiences with the name Jacoba: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nicknames for Jacoba: | Edit
Jake, Jakey, Jackie, Jocoby, Coby, Cobie
- Meanings and history of the name Jacoba: | Edit
Dutch feminine form of James and Jacob, meaning "supplanter".
- Famous real-life people named Jacoba: | Edit
Jacoba Francisca Maria "Cobie" Smulders, Canadian actress and former model, best known for her role as Robin Scherbatsky on the CBS TV series "How I Met Your Mother".
St. Jacoba of Settesoli, friend of St. Francis of Assisi
Jacoba Cornelia "Co" Stelma, Dutch Olympic gold medalist in gymnastics
- Jacoba in song, story & screen: | Edit
Jacoba, British funk-rock musical group