Jamila Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Jamila:
Derived from the Arabic jamīl (beautiful, graceful), which is from jamula (to be beautiful).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Jamila? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Jamila
Contribute your knowledge to the name Jamila
- Comments and insights on the name Jamila: | Edit
I love this name bc it's mine…my dad spelled it a little freaky bc he is a horrible speller but I do love the name!!! Jamilas seem to br calm cool and collected…never fill of drama…my dad spelled my name Jamella!!!
- Personal experiences with the name Jamila: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nicknames for Jamila: | Edit
Mila, Mo, Mila Mo!!! Even co workers have called Jam!!! That's yucky!!! Jamie, Mia, Jay, Jayla
- Meanings and history of the name Jamila: | Edit
An Arabic and African name...also a Muslim name. The name derives from the name Jamula which means "to be beautiful"…Jamila means "beautiful"
- Famous real-life people named Jamila: | Edit
There is a UK singer name Jamila and also a famous LA DJ named Jamila.
- Jamila in song, story & screen: | Edit
There is an Indian hair dye that is called Jamila.