Jana: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Jana
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Jana? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Jana
- Comments and insights on the name Jana: | Edit
My name is Jana and I've always loved it. I've only met a few others with the name. I've had people mispronouncing it all my life but I'm ok with that.
- Personal experiences with the name Jana: | Edit
1. Named after her father, Jan.
2. I was named after my mother's cousin, Jennifer, and the pastor's wife, Jan.
- Nicknames for Jana: | Edit
Jan, Jana Banana, Banana, Banan
- Meanings and history of the name Jana: | Edit
Czech, Slovak, and German short-form for Johanna. An equivalent of Jane.
"God's Gracious Gift"
- Famous real-life people named Jana: | Edit
Jana Duggar, American reality TV participant on the series "19 Kids and Counting."
Jana Kramer, American actress/Country artist
Jana Pallaske, German actress
Jana Novotná, Czech professional tennis player.
- Jana in song, story & screen: | Edit
India's National Anthem, though not referring to a person's name, is titled 'Jana Gana Mana' which translates to 'Thou art the ruler of the minds of all people.'
Global Popularity of the Name Jana
- #10 in Serbia (Belgrade)
- #21 in Austria
- #28 in Germany
- #29 in Czech Republic
- #65 in Spain
- #71 in Belgium
- #82 in Slovenia
- #329 in Canada (Alberta)