Janelle: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Janelle | Girls
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Janelle? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Janelle
- Comments and insights on the name Janelle: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Personal experiences with the name Janelle: | Edit
This is my name and I've always loved it! I get many compliments and love the nickname options, I recommend it to any little girl!
My parents named my Janelle, and I have never liked it. It always seemed too formal, so as an adult I now go by Jenna. On the upside, I have not met too many people with this name, so it's fairly unique.
- Nicknames for Janelle: | Edit
Jan, Jane, Nell, Nellie, Elle, Ellie, Janie
- Meanings and history of the name Janelle: | Edit
Female form of John. Means "God is gracious."
- Famous real-life people named Janelle: | Edit
Janelle Taylor, best-selling American author of historical romance novels.
Janelle Monae, American singer, songwriter, performer and dancer. "The ArchAndroid (Suites ll and lll)"
- Janelle in song, story & screen: | Edit
Janelle- by Christian rapper Fresh I.E.
Global Popularity of the Name Janelle
- #330 in Canada (Alberta)
- #372 in United States