Janine: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Janine | Girls
Origin of the name Janine:
English variant of the French Jeannine, a feminine form of Jean (God is gracious).
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Janine? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Janine
- Comments and insights on the name Janine: | Edit
My name is Janine and I never really liked it, although I'm getting used to it because it is very unique were I live. But people tend to mispronounce and misspell it a lot, which is just annoying.
- Personal experiences with the name Janine: | Edit
I always get comments on how unique and beautiful my name is. I love my name!
- Nicknames for Janine: | Edit
Jan, Nina, Nini, J9, Nineke (Dutch, pronounced NEE-neh-keh)
- Meanings and history of the name Janine: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Famous real-life people named Janine: | Edit
Janine Turner, American actress and author best known for her role in the TV series "Northern Exposure"
- Janine in song, story & screen: | Edit
Janine Kishi, character in The Baby-Sitters Club books
Janine is a song by Trooper, popular in 1979-1980