Jemma Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Gemma:
A borrowing from the Latin, Gemma is taken from gemma (precious stone, jewel).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Jemma? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Jemma
Contribute your knowledge to the name Jemma
- Comments and insights on the name Jemma: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Personal experiences with the name Jemma: | Edit
My name is Jemma but I hate the name, I'd much prefer it to be spelled with a g and people always mix it up and spell it wrong. I'm always mixed up with the Gemma is my form at school to its so sad!
- Nicknames for Jemma: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Jemma: | Edit
Variant of Gemma.
- Famous real-life people named Jemma: | Edit
Jemma Kidd, British model and makeup artist (designer)
Jemma Griffiths, British singer aka. "Jem"
Jemma Redgrave, British actress
- Jemma in song, story & screen: | Edit
Jemma: character in the HBO series 'Hung"
Jemma Simmons in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D
Jemma Levi, character in Jill Williamson's "The Safe Lands" trilogy