Joie: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Joie
Origin of the name Josephine:
English form of the French Joséphine, a feminine form of Joseph, which is derived from the Hebrew Yōsēf (God will add, God will increase).
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Joie? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Joie
- Comments and insights on the name Joie: | Edit
A feminine variant of the male joseph-joey
- Personal experiences with the name Joie: | Edit
Thought it was cute,my middle name happens to be josephine.
- Nicknames for Joie: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Meanings and history of the name Joie: | Edit
Same as joseph
- Famous real-life people named Joie: | Edit
Joey heatherton,actress popular in the late 1960's
- Joie in song, story & screen: | Edit
I've only heard it, as the actress