Jordanna Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Jordana:
Derived from the Hebrew yarden (to flow down, descend). The name was originally used in the Middle Ages for a child baptized in holy water said to be from the river Jordan.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Jordanna? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Jordanna
Contribute your knowledge to the name Jordanna
- Comments and insights on the name Jordanna: | Edit
Variant of Jordana which is a variant of Jordan.
- Personal experiences with the name Jordanna: | Edit
Nobody knows how to pronounce it right...no matter how many times you say it. So you start to answer to everything that starts with the letter 'J' because you know they are talking to you. Some have gone as far as to call me Javina.
- Nicknames for Jordanna: | Edit
Jordy, Danna, Jordge
- Meanings and history of the name Jordanna: | Edit
From what I know in the Bible its from the Jordan River.
- Famous real-life people named Jordanna: | Edit
Jordana Brewster, Jordanna Spiro, the lady on Project Runway Gordana Gehlhausen
- Jordanna in song, story & screen: | Edit
There is a character named Jordanna in Martina Coles book: The Business. I like it.