Juliet: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Juliet
Origin of the name Juliet:
English form of the French Juliette, which is a diminutive form of Julie (downy-bearded, youth). The name is borne by the heroine of Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, a famous tragedy about star-crossed lovers.
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Juliet? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Juliet
- Comments and insights on the name Juliet: | Edit
Juliet is J in the NATO phonetic alphabet
One of my all-time favorite girl-girl twin combos is Juliet Frances and Margaret Rose.
- Personal experiences with the name Juliet: | Edit
I'm having twin girls and We intend to name them Juliet Michelle and Scarlett Eleanor after the books and the Beatles songs, Literary First Names, Musical Middle Names
- Nicknames for Juliet: | Edit
- Jet (a contraction of the beginning and ending sounds, my daughter adores her nickname), also Jett or Jette
- Little J
- Meanings and history of the name Juliet: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Famous real-life people named Juliet: | Edit
- Juliet Simms: American singer featured on the singing competition "The Voice" in 2012
- Juliet Prowse: South African dancer
- Juliet Huddy: American journalist
- Juliet Landau: American actress
- Juliette Lewis: Academy Award- and Golden Globe-nominated American actress and singer. She has starred in movies such as "Cape Fear," "What's Eating Gilbert Grape," "Natural Born Killers," "The Evening Star," and "From Dusk Till Dawn."
- Juliet in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Juliet Capulet: Heroine of Shakespeare's play "Romeo and Juliet".
- Juliet Burke: A character on the TV series "Lost".
- Juliet O'Hara: A detective for the Santa Barbra Police on the TV series "Psych".
- Juliet "Jules" Paxton: a central character in the movie "Bend It Like Beckham" played by Keira Knightley.
- Juliet: character in the film "Love Actually" played by Keira Knightley.
- "Juliet of the Spirits": A 1965 surrealist drama directed by Federico Fellini.
- "Letters to Juliet": A 2010 movie starring Amanda Seyfried, Chris Egan, Vanessa Redgrave, Gael García Bernal, and Franco Nero.
- "Juliet Of The Spirits": A song by The B-52s.
- "Check Yes Juliet": A song by the band We the Kings.
- "Love Story": A song by Taylor Swift features a Juliet as the protagonist.