Kalliope Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Kalliope? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Kalliope
Contribute your knowledge to the name Kalliope
- Comments and insights on the name Kalliope
It is pronounced kah-LYE-oh-pee (in English) or kah-lee-OH-pee (in Greek).
- Personal experiences with the name Kalliope
- Nicknames for Kalliope
- Meanings and history of the name Kalliope
One of the nine Muses. Daughter of Zeus and Titaness Mnemosyne. Kalliope is the muse of heroic poetry and beautiful voice. She had one mortal son named Orpheus, who voice was a beautiful as his mother's.
- Famous real-life people named Kalliope
- Kalliope in song, story & screen
Calliope "Callie" Stephanides, protagonist of the Pulitzer Prize-winning novel "Middlesex"
Calliope "Callie" Torres, supporting character on Grey's Anatomy