Karrigan: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Karrigan
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Karrigan? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Karrigan
- Comments and insights on the name Karrigan: | Edit
- Personal experiences with the name Karrigan: | Edit
My daughter (born 2011) was named Karrigan after I worked with an 8 year old girl in the elementary school with this name. The name stuck with me and is a name that we receive many compliments on!
- Nicknames for Karrigan: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Meanings and history of the name Karrigan: | Edit
It is an ancient Celtic name that means "Special" and "Warrior"
- Famous real-life people named Karrigan: | Edit
Some people think of Nancy Kerrigan when they hear this name. However, I have found that to mostly be older adults and do not feel it will be an issue among peers of young children in coming years.
- Karrigan in song, story & screen: | Edit
I named my daughter Karrigan in 1996. A few years later, I was informed that the Hollywood name for Casper the friendly ghost's sister is Karrigan (???)