Katy: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Katy
Origin of the name Katy:
Pet form of Katharine (pure, unsullied). Var: Katie.
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Katy? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Katy
- Comments and insights on the name Katy: | Edit
Katy comes from the longer name Katerine, but is strong enough to stand alone. It can also be spelled Katie.
- Personal experiences with the name Katy: | Edit
A VERY common name. I know SOOO many Katys.
It is still fairly uncommon in Oklahoma. I didnt meet another Katy until I was 13. It is familiar, but not common enough to buy preprinted on anything. Katelyn, however is popular.
- Nicknames for Katy: | Edit
Kate, Kitkat, Katy-bug, Katy-joe, Katy-lou
- Meanings and history of the name Katy: | Edit
- Famous real-life people named Katy: | Edit
Katy Perry - Pop music singer
- Katy in song, story & screen: | Edit
Katy Gavin, character and youngest daughter of Tommy Gavin on TV's "Rescue Me."
Katy Keene, comic book and character created by Bill Woggon--readers could submit fashion designs for her clothing that would be incorporated into stories
WWI-era Song: "K-K-K-Katy"