Kayleigh Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Kayleigh:
Transferred use of the Anglicized Irish surname, which is from the Gaelic Mac Caollaidhe (son of Caollaidhe) and O'Caollaidhe (descendant of Caollaidhe). The name is derived from caol (slender). Var: Kailee, Kaili, Kali, Kaylea, Kaylee.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Kayleigh? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Kayleigh
Contribute your knowledge to the name Kayleigh
- Comments and insights on the name Kayleigh: | Edit
I like the name Kayleigh. I think it is very pretty.
- Personal experiences with the name Kayleigh: | Edit
as I was born in the late 80'S everyone asks where you named after the song ? of course I was the name was nigh on non existent before marillion throw it out their and then they generally persist to sing that bloody song .
My best friend is Kayleigh her nickname is K or KK:D
- Nicknames for Kayleigh: | Edit
Kay, KK, Kat, LeLe, Lei, KayKay, Kayl, Kaylpop, Gramma K
- Meanings and history of the name Kayleigh: | Edit
Ceili: a Gaelic party.
Céilidh; in Scottish Gaelic, a celebration of life!
- Famous real-life people named Kayleigh: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Kayleigh in song, story & screen: | Edit
Song: "Kayleigh" by Marillion