Kerenza Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Kerenza? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Kerenza
Contribute your knowledge to the name Kerenza
- Comments and insights on the name Kerenza: | Edit
Kerenza, as far as I know, is the Cornish-language version of Katherine.
I believe the above is incorrect. While Kerenza might sometimes be used as a Cornish counterpart to Katherine, it comes from kerensa, the Cornish word for "love."
- Personal experiences with the name Kerenza: | Edit
Beautiful name, still sometimes heard in Cornwall, (south west UK), an area that has its own Celtic language. There is a tendency to misspell it 'Karenza', probably because people think of 'Karen'. But Kerenza is the original spelling.
- Nicknames for Kerenza: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Meanings and history of the name Kerenza: | Edit
Alternate spelling of Kerensa, which is Cornish for "love."
- Famous real-life people named Kerenza: | Edit
Carensa. Originally no k or z in the Cornish Language
- Kerenza in song, story & screen: | Edit
Kerenza Carlee in 'the legend of the seventh virgin' by Victoria Holt. Historical/romantic fiction, but an enjoyable story.