Kiara Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Ciara:
Irish name derived from ciar (black): hence, "black-haired one." In the U.S., Ciara is pronounced phonetically, rather than with its Gaelic pronunciation of keer-ah.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Kiara? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Kiara
- Chilean Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Chile 2010
- Australian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Australia (Victoria) for 2012
- Hungarian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Hungary 2010
- Hungarian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Hungary
- Australian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Australia (Victoria)
Contribute your knowledge to the name Kiara
- Comments and insights on the name Kiara: | Edit
spelling variation: Keyara,Kiera,Kierra,Kiarra, Kiara
pronounced: Keer-ah, Kee-ar-ah or Kee-air-ah, Kee-ar-ah
variant of the name Ciara
- Personal experiences with the name Kiara: | Edit
In 2nd grade, I had a friend name Kiara. She didn't like it much only because that was the year that the Lion King 2 (Simba's Pride) came out. But I thought it was a cool name.
I have a friend named Kiara. Shes kind and worthy of trust. She treats everyone like they are kings and queens and she is but a humble servent. She always does what helps others even if it makes her life harder. She doesn't know how pretty she is. She plays Minecraft and has the coolest skins her older bro makes. I think she likes SpongeBob, but Whatevar. She don't know it but we treat her like a queen, because of all she does for us. Her mid name is Rose! :D Hope this helps!
- Nicknames for Kiara: | Edit
Ki (sounds like Kye can also be spelt as Kia),
- Meanings and history of the name Kiara: | Edit
Origin: Irish, as well as Italian,Latin,and Swahili
Meanings:Clear, Clear in thoughts; bright; famous,"
It is commonly used for little girls with dark hair or complexion.
Kiara is also used for girls who are clear in thought and are bright minded.
- Famous real-life people named Kiara: | Edit
Saint Cera, also spelled Kiara, a 7th century Irish Roman Catholic saint
Kiara (Venezuelan entertainer) (born 1960), singer, actress, and TV presenter
Kiara was the name of an 80's R&B duo from Detroit, Michigan
Kiara Saulters (known by her stage name as Kiiara), American singer-songwriter
- Kiara in song, story & screen: | Edit
Kiara was the name of Simba's daughter on Lion King II Simba's Pride.
"Kiara", a song from 2010 Bonobo album Black Sands
Kiara Rocks, Brazilian rock and roll band