Kirstie: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Kirstie
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Kirstie? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Kirstie
- Comments and insights on the name Kirstie: | Edit
Pronounced KEER-stee. or Kir-stie
- Personal experiences with the name Kirstie: | Edit
People tend to want to spell it as Kirsty, or pronounce it as Kristie or Kristy (then spell it that way if not corrected). It can get annoying but it's cute and not that common compared to many other K names.
- Nicknames for Kirstie: | Edit
Kirst, Kirt, Kirtie... etc
- Meanings and history of the name Kirstie: | Edit
Scottish contraction of Christina, meaning "a Christian woman", as explained in Robert Louis Stevenson's novel "Weir of Hermiston":
"Archie overtook her like a man whose mind was made up. 'Miss Kirstie,' he began.
'Miss Christina, if you please, Mr. Weir,' she interrupted. 'I canna bear the contraction.'"
- Famous real-life people named Kirstie: | Edit
Kirstie Alley, American actress and spokesperson
- Kirstie in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!