Kyra: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Kyra
Origin of the name Kyra:
Feminine form of the Greek Kyros, a name thought to be derived from kyrios (lord) or from the Persian khur (the sun).
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Kyra? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Kyra
- Comments and insights on the name Kyra: | Edit
- Personal experiences with the name Kyra: | Edit
My best friend is named Kyra.
My daughter is named Kyra.
The Kyra I know is small and a model.
My sister's name is Kyra. She loves it.
- Nicknames for Kyra: | Edit
Kiki (pronounced Kee-kee)
- Meanings and history of the name Kyra: | Edit
means Lady in Greek
- Famous real-life people named Kyra: | Edit
- Kyra in song, story & screen: | Edit
Kira, Kira(a book)