Kyrie: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Kyrie | Girls
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Kyrie? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Kyrie
- Comments and insights on the name Kyrie: | Edit
Greek for Lord; Kyrie Eleison are the only Greek words in the Latin mass
- Personal experiences with the name Kyrie: | Edit
It's my name!
My daughter, Mercy's middle name. Kyrie is from the "Kyrie Eleison" of the church liturgy, meaning "Lord, have mercy."
- Nicknames for Kyrie: | Edit
My nickname is Kyrie. My real name is Walkyria, and so it only makes sense that my nickname is Kyrie. Walkyria is too difficult for people. Many people think that Kyrie is my actual name!
- Meanings and history of the name Kyrie: | Edit
Kyrie means lord. It may be shortened from Valkyrie from Norse mythology.
- Famous real-life people named Kyrie: | Edit
Kyrie O'Connor, a frequent panelist on the NPR comedy show "wait wait don't tell me"
- Kyrie in song, story & screen: | Edit
Kyrie by Mister Mister, many church songs
Kairi in "Kingdom Hearts"