Lacey: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Lacey
Origin of the name Lacey:
Transferred use of the English surname meaning "belonging to Lacy or Lassy." The name, derived from several French place-names, was brought to England by companions of William during the Norman Conquest.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Lacey? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Lacey
- English and Welsh Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in England and Wales (2013)
- Irish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Northern Ireland
- Scottish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Scotland
- English Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in England, 2010
- Scottish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Scotland, 2011
- English and Welsh Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in England and Wales
Contribute your knowledge to the name Lacey
- Comments and insights on the name Lacey: | Edit
Lacey comes from the name Larisa, Larissa. It is a nickname, too.
- Personal experiences with the name Lacey: | Edit
Growing up you didn't really hear people with the name Lacey. I was the only one in my school with the name. I used to hate my name because whenever someone would ask my name I felt as if they thought I were lying to them because it's such an uncommon name. Even my current boyfriend thought I was lying to him when we first met and I had told him my name. However, when I did tell them I almost always get the comment "Wow pretty name" or "Such a beautiful name". I guess if you're looking for a unique, pretty name that always stands out from the crowd, this name is perfect for you. Don't worry about blushing when people tell you your child has a beautiful name. It'll almost always happen. Trust me ;)
Growing up in a small town, my name wasn't very common. When I moved to a larger town and larger school it seemed like suddenly there were Lacey's everywhere. Also, it's very irritating how people generally want to spell it without the "e" and I've pretty much give up correcting my teachers. I love my name though, and wouldn't have it be anything else. :)
Our 7 year old daughter is named Lacey-J - I have always loved the name Lacey & thought it just sounded so pretty & sweet! Though like others have said people always seem to want to spell it "lacy" or "lacie"
- Nicknames for Lacey: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Lacey: | Edit
from Lassy, a French commune.
An English by way of French surname, with use in Ireland as well.
- Famous real-life people named Lacey: | Edit
Lacey Mosely, singer in the band Flyleaf.
Lacey Connor-Rock of love with Bret Michaels, Rock of love: Charm school.
Lacey Turner, British actress - soap star who appeared on "Eastenders"
- Lacey in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!