LaMia Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Mia:
Danish and Swedish pet form of Maria, which is also commonly bestowed as an independent given name.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a LaMia? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring LaMia
Contribute your knowledge to the name LaMia
- Comments and insights on the name LaMia: | Edit
Pronounced LaMeeah. Spelled with a capital L and M.
- Personal experiences with the name LaMia: | Edit
I have never personally met anyone with the same name. It is usually mispronounced (Lamaya)
- Nicknames for LaMia: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name LaMia: | Edit
Lamia is an Arabic name meaning "beautiful girl with red lips"
- Famous real-life people named LaMia: | Edit
Princess Lamia Solh.
- LaMia in song, story & screen: | Edit
The Rock of Tanios, a novel by the French -Lebanese writer Amin Maalouf. Tanios mother's name is Lamia.
The Lamia, a song by Genesis ( peter Gabriel)
Lamia is played by Michelle Pfeiffer in Stardust.
Lamia is the name of an ancient queen.