Lana Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Lana:
A short form of Alana which is a feminine form of Alan. The name is ultimately of uncertain meaning.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Lana? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Lana
- Belgian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Belgium, 2008
- Belgian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Belgium (Flanders) 2012
- Bosnian Herzegovinian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Bosnia Herzegovinia 2014
- Dutch Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in The Netherlands
- Bosnian Herzegovinian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Bosnia Herzegovinia
- Slovenian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Slovenia
Contribute your knowledge to the name Lana
- Comments and insights on the name Lana: | Edit
Lana means "wool" in Spanish and is a slang term for money in Mexico. It also means fair and beautiful in Gaelic.
Alan, Lana and Nala are anagrams of each other; they contain the same letters.
- Personal experiences with the name Lana: | Edit
Lana is a beautiful feminine name that is very uncommon in the Eastern places in the US.
I love the name Lana. I even named my daughter Lana. That said I noticed something when she was 3 months old.
Ouch! A beautiful name might be ruined by an unfortunate anagram. My friend is named Lana, but pronounced LAN-ah, like Anna.
My name is Lana (Lawn-uh) but when I was in Elementry school other kids (boys) always would make fun of me and call me "LAN-AH" which was becoming annoying considering that I had told them it was Lana. Now I'm 14 and the bullying just got worst cause now they've discovered what it says when it's spelled backwards.
- Nicknames for Lana: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Lana: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Famous real-life people named Lana: | Edit
Lana Turner, Hollywood actress and 1950s sex symbol
Lana Del Rey (stage name), American-born singer/song-writer
Lana Parrilla, American actress and star of "Once Upon A Time"
- Lana in song, story & screen: | Edit
Lana Winters - a regular character in American Horror Story: Asylum. She is a journalist who is committed to Briarcliff Manor under false pretenses by Sister Jude, for trying to expose its darkest secrets. (Played by American actress Sarah Paulson)
"Lana Lang" was the close friend and first major love interest of Young Clark Kent portrayed in the Superman comic books, movies, the TV shows Superboy and Smallville.
Lana Weinberger, character in the popular "Princess Diaries" books.
Lana, a song by the Beach Boys.
Beautiful Lana by Roy Orbison
Lana Skye from Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney.
Lana Loud from Nickelodeon cartoon The Loud House. One of the various sisters of protagonist Lincoln Loud, and twin sister of Lola Loud.