Lanisa Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Lanisa? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Lanisa
Contribute your knowledge to the name Lanisa
- Comments and insights on the name Lanisa: | Edit
Lanisa was the result of a family argument involving: Lisa, Elizabeth, and the songs "Laura" and "Sweet Leilani". When that all crashed together, it became my daughter's name "Lanisa Elizabeth" in 1964.
- Personal experiences with the name Lanisa: | Edit
Lanisa has always used the nickname Lani even though others have fallen in love with her name and babies have been given the name with the spellings either Lanisa or Laneesa.
- Nicknames for Lanisa: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Meanings and history of the name Lanisa: | Edit
Her nickname of Lani means "Heavenly" in Hawaiian
- Famous real-life people named Lanisa: | Edit
None that I know of.
- Lanisa in song, story & screen: | Edit
"Sweet Lei Lani" translated "Heavenly Flower".