Larysa Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Larissa:
Borrowed from the Russian, Larisa is a name of uncertain derivation. Some believe it to be derived from the name of an ancient city of Thessaly; others feel it may be derived from the Latin hilaris (cheerful).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Larysa? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Larysa
Contribute your knowledge to the name Larysa
- Comments and insights on the name Larysa: | Edit
Very rare name, has tons of nicknames and variety of charming nicknames including ones from different languages. Love it!
Didn't find where to add the pronunciation for the name.
- Personal experiences with the name Larysa: | Edit
It is my name
- Nicknames for Larysa: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Larysa: | Edit
In Greek means Seagull, in Latin means Charming
- Famous real-life people named Larysa: | Edit
- Larysa in song, story & screen: | Edit
Lara from "Dr.Zhivago"