LeeLou: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name LeeLou
Origin of the name Lee:
Transferred use of the surname derived from the Old English lēah (wood, clearing, meadow), lee has the meaning "dweller by the wood or clearing." In Middle English, the spelling lēah evolved to leigh, legh. Lee is popularly used as a name element in combination names such as Kathy-Lee and Lee-Ann.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a LeeLou? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name LeeLou
- Comments and insights on the name LeeLou: | Edit
Very pretty name, reminds me of a lily flower.
- Personal experiences with the name LeeLou: | Edit
- My Great Aunt's name
- My best friend's first name
- My name
- Nicknames for LeeLou: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name LeeLou: | Edit
my teacher made all of her students cards one year and she researched the meanings of all our names, mine was a combination of Lee: safe place in the meadow, and Lou: protector/guardian , so I've thought of it as protector of a safe place
- Famous real-life people named LeeLou: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- LeeLou in song, story & screen: | Edit
LeeLou - Character in the movie "The Fifth Element"