Leni Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Lena:
A short form of Magdalena (of Magdala, a town on the Sea of Galilee).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Leni? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Leni
Contribute your knowledge to the name Leni
- Comments and insights on the name Leni: | Edit
Elin, Leni and Nile are anagrams of each other; they contain the same letters.
- Personal experiences with the name Leni: | Edit
My daughter's name is Helen Bell but we call her Leni for short
- Nicknames for Leni: | Edit
Leni, itself, can be a nickname for Helene or Helena.
- Meanings and history of the name Leni: | Edit
German short form of Magdalene.
Also from a Greek root meaning "Light."
- Famous real-life people named Leni: | Edit
Leni Riefenstahl, German filmmaker
Heidi Klum's elder daughter is named Leni (short for Helene).
Leni Oshie - TJ Oshie's youngest daughter
- Leni in song, story & screen: | Edit
Leni Loud - The Loud House