Lettice Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Lettice? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Lettice
Contribute your knowledge to the name Lettice
- Comments and insights on the name Lettice: | Edit
This is a pretty, classic English name, but it suffers from sounding too much like the word "lettuce".
- Personal experiences with the name Lettice: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nicknames for Lettice: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Lettice: | Edit
English form of Letitia, meaning "happy"
- Famous real-life people named Lettice: | Edit
Lettice Knollys, (1543–1634), mother of Robert Devereux, Earl of Essex, the beloved of Elizabeth I of England.
Lettice Curtis, English aviatrix
Lettice Sandford, English engraver and artist
- Lettice in song, story & screen: | Edit
Lettice Douffet, main character in Peter Shaffer's play "Lettice and Lovage", played by Maggie Smith.