Lexa Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Alexandra:
Derived from the Greek Alexandros, a male compound name composed of the elements alexein (to defend, to help) and andros (man).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Lexa? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Lexa
Contribute your knowledge to the name Lexa
- Comments and insights on the name Lexa: | Edit
ALEX, AXEL and LEXA are anagrams of each other; they contain the same letters.
- Personal experiences with the name Lexa: | Edit
My name is Alexandra, but I shortened it to Lexa.
It's a great name that catches people off guard sometimes.
"My name's Lexa,"
"No, Lexa. Only one A"
- Nicknames for Lexa: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Lexa: | Edit
Derived from Alexandra, a greek name that means "Defender of Mankind"
- Famous real-life people named Lexa: | Edit
Lexa Doig, plays Rommie in the Sci-fi series, Andromeda.
- Lexa in song, story & screen: | Edit
Lexa, played by Alycia Debnam-Carey, in the CW show The 100