Lexa: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Lexa
Origin of the name Alexandra:
Derived from the Greek Alexandros, a male compound name composed of the elements alexein (to defend, to help) and andros (man).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Lexa? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Lexa
Contribute your knowledge to the name Lexa
- Comments and insights on the name Lexa: | Edit
A less feminine alternative to Alexa.
- Personal experiences with the name Lexa: | Edit
My name is Alexandra, but I shortened it to Lexa.
It's a great name that catches people off guard sometimes.
"My name's Lexa,"
"No, Lexa. Only one A"
If you had triplets, you could name them Lexa, Axel & Alex.
- Nicknames for Lexa: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Meanings and history of the name Lexa: | Edit
Derived from Alexandra, a greek name that means "Defender of Mankind", literally translated as "She who wards off men"
- Famous real-life people named Lexa: | Edit
Lexa Doig, plays Rommie in the Sci-fi series, Andromeda.
- Lexa in song, story & screen: | Edit
Lexa, played by Alycia Debnam-Carey, in the CW show The 100, a warrior and selfless leader.